Sold by Aartyz manufacturing block printing unit
Inclusive of all taxes
Product Code: AART1845
Availability: In Stock
Aartyz Men Cotton Shirt Ikat Fabric
- Block Printing is a method of hand printing on textiles with inks.
- Printing designs onto fabric originated in China about 4,500 years ago.
- However, hand-blocked fabric reached its highest visual expression in the Indian subcontinent.
- Indians possessed unparalleled expertise in the secrets of natural plant dyes, particularly with mordants (metallic salts that both create color and allow it to adhere to fabric).
- In addition, a kind of mud resist-printing, called dabu, which allows areas of a design to be reserved from dye, flourished here.
- Thus, a series of combinations of mordant and resist stamping and dyeing enabled Indian printers to create uniquely complex designs, coveted from Southeast Asia and palaces of Mughal emperors to the far-flung capitals of Western Europe
- This product is hand block printed.
- Being hand printed the fabric may have slight irregularities in terms of color and print.
- These irregularities are hallmark of hand block printing and make each piece an unique one.
- Colors on screen appear brighter than actual
|Country of Origin
|Ethnic casual shirt with apple cut
|Type Of Finish
|Regular Collar Shirt
|Gentle wash in cold water Do not bleach. Dry in shade
Back to top